Please see below email of updates and resources for CHWCs and clubs
- Get Active for Your Wellbeing’ Webinar with HSE and Derval O’Rourke
- Nutrition & Healthy Eating
- Engaging Men Webinar Series: Why Men’s Health?
Get Active for Your Wellbeing’ Webinar with HSE and Derval O’Rourke
HSE Health and Wellbeing are hosting ‘Get Active for Your Wellbeing’ Webinar on Wednesday May 5th at 2pm-3pm. Register Here. This upcoming webinar will focus on supporting people on how to build physical activity into daily life. Join us and hear from our special guest 3 time Olympian Derval O’Rourke. Derval will talk about what she has learned and ways to improve your health and wellbeing through exercise. We will also have input from HSE colleagues highlighting ways and opportunities to get active for your wellbeing. The webinar will also showcase the new FREE HSE Health and Wellbeing online exercise programmes. We are launching the first 8 ‘Pilates for beginners’ videos on the 5th May, which will be followed by Yoga, Strength and Conditioning and Chair Based Exercise videos. Please share the invitation attached or post it to your social pages using #keepwell and tagging @HSEHealthW.
Nutrition & Healthy Eating
- Are you interested in finding out more about food and nutrition for yourself or your family? Dietitians are taking online workshops throughout April. Free and open to all, be sure to put the dates in your diary. See attached flyer for more details.
- Also if you need some inspiration for meal planning. There are over 80 tasty recipes on the Choose to Live Better website:https://www.choosetolivebetter.com/content/healthy-recipes
- Bord bia also have lots of tasty recipe ideas if you are looking for inspiration: https://www.bordbia.ie/recipes/
- If you are cooking for yourself for the first time, or just want to improve your basic skills, then these beginner cooking videos from Safefood will help you cover all the basics and get you cooking simple healthy meals in no time: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLh7gvGGhPbb1p-pE3_K58nXPz_-ujevkj
Engaging Men Webinar Series: Why Men’s Health?
You are invited to the first in a series of webinars focused on Engaging Men. The Why Men’s Health? webinar takes place on the 29th April from 12.00 – 13.00 and registration is here. HSE Health and Wellbeing, together with the Men’s Health Forum in Ireland, the Men’s Development Network and the Men’s Health Research Centre in IT Carlow will host this series of webinars which will bring you expert insights about the work and learning from the delivery to date of the HSE National Men’s Health Action Plan ‘Healthy Ireland Men’.